Hotel New York in Rotterdam
The 4-star Hotel New York is located in the former head office of the Holland America Line. The hotel offers you a great view over the busy Nieuwe Maas where large ships and water taxis are continuously used sail past. Thousands of people used to leave for North America from here in the hope of a better life. Nowadays, guests come to spend the night here to feel the nostalgia and the special atmosphere of to taste at the time.
Spending the night in Hotel New York Rotterdam
Until the 1960s, several passenger ships of the Holland America Line (HAL) departed from the Wilhelminakade on the Kop van Zuid. Since 1990 Hotel New York . has been located in the old headquarters of the HAL (HNY) established. With the grandeur of the former trans-Atlantic shipping, many of the luxury hotel rooms offer a view of the Maas. On the other side you can see the old Veerhaven and the modern skyscrapers in the Centre. The gigantic cafe and restaurant of Hotel New York Rotterdam is a popular destination for Rotterdammers and day trippers and is usually completely full. The hotel is not cheap, but it is special and therefore often fully booked long in advance, so reservation is recommended.
Hotel New York has 72 rooms, including two tower rooms, authentic boardrooms and a room with a private roof terrace. The rooms all have a different shape, design, color and a wink to the origin of the building. The beds and facilities are the same in all rooms. All rooms also have a warm interior and maritime details.
- Patio Room - These high-ceilinged rooms are quietly located on the inside of the hotel, without a view of the surroundings.
- Wilhelminapier Room - These high, spacious rooms have a view of the Wilhelminapier and the Maas.
- Wilhelminapier Twin Room - These rooms have 2 double beds, making them ideal as a family room (maximum 2 adults and 2 children up to 11 years). The room overlooks the Wilhelminapier and the Maas.
- Rijnhaven Room - Room with a nice view of the Rijnhaven where you can see the ships and water taxis entering the harbor. You also see a part of Katendrecht.
- Torenkamer Rijnhavenzijde - These rooms are located in the iconic green turrets of Hotel New York. The rooms have a wrought iron spiral staircase and are spread over 2 floors. Downstairs is a Kingsize bed and upstairs you have a beautiful view over the water and the city of Rotterdam. There is only a shower in the bathroom.
- Maaszijde Room - These rooms overlook the Maas and the Euromast in the distance. From your easy chair you can watch the cruise ships and the water taxi pass by.
- Wow Suite - This is the largest nostalgic room in the hotel with wood panelling, an authentic fireplace and Delft Blue decor. There is a separate living and sleeping area and in the middle of the room has a table where 6 people can meet. In front of the window is a high chair with binoculars to enjoy the spectacular view of the Maas.
- Tower room Maaszijde - The iconic green turrets on the roof of Hotel New York have been converted into a special hotel room. The tower room on the Maas side consists of two floors that with a wrought iron staircase - in the middle of the room - are connected. On the lower floor there is a queen-size bed and a spacious bathroom with bathtub. The upper floor offers a breathtaking view of the Meuse and the city.
- Management Suite - These are the former offices of the management of the Holland America Line. These luxurious rooms are located at the front of the hotel with a view of the Maas and have a nostalgic interior with wood panelling, art deco lamps and a roaring fireplace. Two of these rooms have a double bath in front of the window from which you can relax and enjoy the spectacular view over the water.
- Roof Terrace Room - This is a quiet, but spacious room with a roof terrace on the roof of the hotel with a magnificent view of the Maas. This room used to be the caretaker's house of the Holland America Line and has a separate living and sleeping area.
For writing this article and experiencing this experience, we booked one of the executive suites ourselves. We were allocated room 105 with a spectacular view of the water and the Euromast. The room consists of a double bath in front of the window, a romantic (and roaring) fireplace and a high ceiling. In short, everything is there for a romantic overnight stay in Rotterdam.
Rent a Room
Hotel New York has 7 rooms, including the library room with bookcases up to the ceiling. The Balszaal is the large hall with a beautiful view of the Maas and Rotterdam. In addition, there are 2 boardrooms, Reuchlin and Plate still exude the authentic atmosphere of the Holland America Line.
On the ground floor of the hotel there is a café-restaurant with a capacity of 400 guests. The industrial design of the restaurant is unique with high ceilings and colorful lighting. You can enjoy a delicious à la carte menu from early in the morning until evening. What is special is that you can order a wide choice of crustaceans and shellfish, such as oysters, all year round.
NY Basement is the trendy fine dining restaurant in the basement of the hotel where you can enjoy exciting cocktails and culinary creations in the atmosphere of the former Manhattan. NY Basement is smaller, more exclusive and intimate than the large restaurant on the ground floor. NY Basement is suitable for a pleasant evening out, a nice drink at the beautiful bar, but also for large parties and dinners.
Terrace by the water
Hotel New York is a real hotspot for both day trippers and Rotterdammers themselves. In the summer there is a large terrace on the water with a beautiful view of the Maas and everything that sails past. In the winter is urgent for a place in the café-restaurant.
near Hotel New York
Katendrecht, nicknamed De Kaap, is a former sailor's neighbourhood. Prostitution and Chinese restaurants predominated here until the early 1990s. Now it is an emerging urban district, recently connected to the Kop van Zuid by the Rijnhaven Bridge, near Hotel New York, especially for pedestrians and cyclists. This way you can easily reach the Deliplein where it is teeming with nice restaurants, lunchrooms, cafes and terraces. if As a hotel guest, you can enjoy plenty of culinary and cultural experiences at the Kop van Zuid. You will find the Luxor Theater, the Nederlands Fotomuseum, film and theater house LantarenVenster, De Foodhallen and restaurant. Mood (former Las Palmas by Herman den Blijker).
By water taxi to Hotel New York
Perhaps just as nice as a visit to Hotel New York is the boat trip you can take there. The water taxis depart from the Veerhaven and Leuvehaven on the northern bank of Rotterdam between the busy shipping traffic on the Maas to the other side. Prefer not to cross the water? You can also walk or cycle across the Erasmus Bridge or take the metro, stop Wilhelminaplein.
In short! Hotel New York is a must-see during a visit to Rotterdam. The former office of the Holland America Line (HAL) has been a hotel restaurant since 1993. The characteristic building is literally on the Kop van Zuid, on the water, amidst skyscrapers such as Montevideo and De Rotterdam. Hotel New York is worth a visit for the interior alone, everything breathes the atmosphere of the former transatlantic shipping. A must-see for everyone who visits Rotterdam and a great destination during a day out or city trip.
Party at Hotel New York! What to see and do at Hotel New York.
Hotel New York is a hotel, bezienswaardigheid in Rotterdam. Some must-see sights and Hotspots such as Hotel New York, Lantarenvenster, Fenix Food Factory, Walhalla, Vertical City De Rotterdam, are located only 0.2 km away.
Hotel New York
Boek je hotelkamer bij Hotel New York zonder reserveringskosten en met beste prijsgarantie. Gratis annuleren en geen vooruitbetaling nodig. Lees beoordelingen van gasten die ook in Hotel New York verbleven.
Met korting naar Hotel New York?
Met korting naar Hotel New York? Check onze zoekmachine voor Kortingen, Aanbiedingen, Deals, Coupons en / of Skip the Line Tickets van Rotterdamse hotspots.
"Beautiful historic hotel with grandeur appearance. Nostalgic experience with authentic rooms and a spectacular view of the Maas."
Hotels near Hotel New York Rotterdam
Are you planning a visit to Hotel New York Rotterdam and are you looking for a hotel nearby? You can spend the night near Hotel New York Rotterdam in one of the following hotels. The following hotels are within walking distance of Hotel New York Rotterdam. NB! The distances are measured as the crow flies and may differ slightly from the actual walking distance.
|Hotel||Distance to Hotel New York|
|Hotel New York (review)||0.00 km||Check Availability|
|Bruno Room Mate (review)||0.35 km||Check Availability|
|NHOW (review)||0.43 km||Check Availability|
|Thon Hotel Rotterdam City Centre (review)||0.64 km||Check Availability|
|Hostel ROOM Rotterdam (review)||0.70 km||Check Availability|
Restaurants near Hotel New York Rotterdam
Enjoy a nice dinner or lunch near Hotel New York Rotterdam and are you looking for a restaurant nearby? At a short distance from Hotel New York you can enjoy a delicious meal in one of the following restaurants. The following restaurants are located within walking distance of Hotel New York Rotterdam. NB! The distances are measured as the crow flies and may differ slightly from the actual walking distance.
|Restaurant||Distance to Hotel New York|
|Rodeo (review)||0.15 km|
|Mood (review)||0.19 km|
|Fenix Food Factory (review)||0.28 km|
|Dudok aan de Maas (review)||0.34 km|
|By Ami (review)||0.36 km|
Rent a Room at Hotel New York
Interested in renting a room at Hotel New York, possibly with decoration? Hotel New York has various rooms available for a reception, drinks, parties and other (business) meetings to make your event a success. The decoration of the party creates the right atmosphere. The Rotterdam Balloon Company regularly decorates with balloons at Hotel New York and ensures that the room is decorated in the right atmosphere or in the desired theme. We will turn every room or empty space into an attractive party location.
Below is an overview of all available rooms at Hotel New York with the maximum number of people per room for every possible setup.
|Halls||m2||Height||Carre||Theatre||Diner||Party||Reception||Cabaret||School||U-form||Boardroom||House of Commons||Catwalk|
Parking nearby Hotel New York
Parking near Hotel New York is possible just on the street. Westerdam is parkingzone 130 and costs € 4,26 per hour on ma t/m za: 09:00 - 23:00 zo:12:00 - 23:00 . However, it is cheaper to park your car in a parking garage. The nearest public parking garage near Hotel New York is World Port Center (WPC). This parking garage costs € 4.00 per hour and is - as the crow flies - 0.08 km from Hotel New York. Reserve your parking space(s) in advance and guarantee yourself a parking space. You are guaranteed to pay the lowest price. Reserving your parking space(s) in advance saves you money, time and stress.
Free Parking is available at P+R Slinge (3.44 km.). You must then continue your journey to by public transport using your OV chip card.
|Address||Koninginnenhoofd 1, 3072 AD Rotterdam [Map]|
|Website||Your link here?|
|Parking garage||World Port Center (WPC) (0.08 km.)|
|Subway station||Wilhelminaplein (0.67 km.)|
|Tram stop||Willemskade Rotterdam (0.52 km.)|
|Railway station||Treinstation Rotterdam Zuid (1.75 km.)|
|Jetty Water Taxi||Hotel New York (0.08 km.)|
Pictures Hotel New York
Below are some pictures of balloon decorations that the Rotterdam Balloon Company has provided for Hotel New York. Planning an event at Hotel New York and would you like to order a similar balloon decoration? Rotterdam Ballooncompany is your #1 choice. Send us a WhatsApp message to +31 (0)10-3073668. We deliver 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in Rotterdam and are available to our customers via Whatsapp from early morning to evening.